Thursday, April 17, 2014

Teaching with Comic Strip

Commander! May I ask you a question? 

  Here's a humor cartoon I made with GoAnimate.
  Considering some features of this comic strip website, I give the reasons for using this kind of tools in the future as follows:

  1. Cartoon that moves is better. The one I made is based on an old joke. It looks more vivacious to watch those characters moving and make funny faces. Students will be more interested in moving actions. Teachers will get a better result in activating students. 
  2. Using comic strip tools to create a micro-movie is fun. To make a gorgeous one, you have to think every point you gonna make: the plot, dialogues, spellings. Students could learn skills about how to be a good writer and director.
  I would like to use it as something could be used in a writing class. I'll give students short stories or articles to read; ask each one to write down the gist of the story and make a comic strip to show everybody what's going on in the story. Students will be able to improve their competence of summarizing and writing skills.

1 comment: